December 16, 2011 § 1 Comment
My girlfriend Tori and I are headed to Haiti shortly after Christmas to spend a couple of weeks volunteering at an orphanage operated by a project called Circle of Friends. In advance of our trip, the folks in Haiti working at the orphanage sent us a list of supplies they’re in need of. If anyone cares to donate some money, clothing, or supplies from this list, it would be a huge help. We’ll bring them down to the orphanage who will put them to good use.
I realize it’s the holiday season and many people have probably already put a big dent in their bank accounts shopping for loved ones, but if you can spare some money or any of the following supplies, you’d make some difficult lives much easier:
- Ryobi 18v power drill kit with a small set of wood and concrete drills and a small set of assorted drill bits. (Estimated cost: $175)
- For Kids (used, washed) clothes: we need most urgently, 3 Boys: Ages 4, 10,12; underpants, sweatshirts, sweatpants, T-shirts, shorts, and pants. Crocs. The kids are typically a bit smaller than kids the same age in USA.
- Women: Size 12/14 and size 10, sweatshirts, sweatpants, shirts/teeshirts, winter hats.
- Toys/education materials; writing pads, notebooks, crayons, any mind stimulating toys.
- For House: some cheap towels, washcloths and twin sheets.
- Large bottle of Aleve and Ibuprophen and children’s multi-vitamins.